Sunday, June 6, 2010

Getting there

We have half the boat waxed. The other half was going to happen today, but if it doesn't stop raining, we'll have to come up with other chores. We cleaned the hull with 3M Finesse-it, then put on a coat of Fleetwax. Love the Fleetwax. Deb  put it on, I took it off. Team work.

I bumped into the prop, and I noticed it was a bit loose. There is some play in the prop, on the shaft. Looks the the key could be worn, but it looks ok. The prop just came off after I unscrewed the lock nuts. I assumed it would be tougher than that. I will get some new keystock, and see how well it goes back together.

Got a few nibbles on the house, but nothing real promising.  We hope to be in the water next week, if all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment