Monday, December 19, 2011

Buzz cut

I put off a haircut for a while now, and I was starting to look like some of my early eighties photos. Not something I would like the world to see, so I got out of work on time today, and went over to the barbershop I usually go to. One guy had a customer, and the other was asleep in one of the chairs. These guys are thirty somethings with tattoos, and thick glasses, and attitude. I usually get my hair cut by one of the two females there, but coming in through the door, I woke up the sleeping tattoo nerd, and he grudgingly got to a chair and waved me over. For me, barbers are like dentists. I go because I have to. Not because I want to. Since I was a kid I never liked getting the hairs trimmed. Now maybe when I'm floating around on a boat, I can go for that puffy Afro like fuzzball that develops on my head after a while, but having a job and all, requires me to visit the guy with the dog clippers and sharp scissors every three months.
Now, I don't know if this Hanson Brother gets up grouchy from a nap, or if I pissed him off for some reason, but the way he tore into my head, I felt like I was getting skinned.
I said not too short, but that didn't mean a damn thing to this guy. I look like I joined up and I'm shipping out tomorrow. My God. Hard to stop someone after the first run of the clipper through all that hair. I look like I did when I was about seven years old, only with grey hair and wrinkles.




Well, on the bright side, I will not have to get a haircut until spring.

So, while cruising, how do you folks get your hair cut? Any barbers on the islands? Any cruising stylists out there? May want a mullet some day.


1 comment:

  1. Man - things are really slow at work!
    I'd help you out with the hair recommendations, but I'm genetically advanced in that area in that I don't have to worry about haircuts...

    ReplyDelete