Monday, July 13, 2009

Life on a boat comes to a close...for now

I thoroughly enjoyed the boating life for the last two weeks. We capped it off with a hearty sail on Sunday. We stuck our nose out in the lake, and got it punched pretty good, so we did a bit of Bay sailing. Deb loves Bay sailing, as it gives her a chance to work on her tacking and gybing skills. Actually, Deb hates Bay sailing. Too many boats, and not enough space. It was when we were heading for Eagle Island at 8. something knots, and the rail in the water, that the look on her face meant that I should shorten sail. Maybe she still sees that guy's bimini, stuck on our anchor. We pulled in about half the genny, and took off again. We spent the afternoon going up and down and across the bay, and then packed it in. One thing about Bay sailing is you get to see your neighbors up close out on the water. Great for pictures. Unfortunately most only had one sail up, and who wants a picture of your wuss boat, dogging it on the bay :) I got to work today, once I figured out where it was, and spent the day writing up new electrical specs for a new manufacturing cell. Kind of boring. Then I find out where I will spend the rest of my career, and I'm not feeling overwhelming comfortable with the decision, but I remain positive. Stressed again. What a difference in lifestyles. I was working on the boat, but it didn't feel like work. Ok, when the windlass handle hit me in the nose, that felt like work, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself the whole time afloat. I can really see myself doing this full time. I know full well that it will not be paradise 24/7, but like Jimmy says, "I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then". The next boat project is to re-bed the ports (a must), and to install the Mack-Pack. I also need to wax the deck (WoodyWax) and the cabin top before the freakin birds (not sure what kind) that show up at the end of the month, sit on the mast, and crap their asses off all over everything. Oh yea, and they eat berries. We're going to start getting ready for the cruise up to the islands. Should be an adventure. Follow in our wake?

No comments:

Post a Comment