Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dorks on the water

Debra had her work pals (Electrical Engineers) out for a sail yesterday. We had very little wind, but managed to make some tracks on a beautiful day. The boys put a big dent in the beer supply, and had some laughs, so good times all around.

As far as toxic water goes, it looks like the killer algae only made a brief appearance, but I'm waiting for another week before my ass touches that water. The sunfish is still waiting to get back in the water. I bet there are a million spiders under that hull.

Received the rest of my cable for the solar panels, so we should be getting that project done this weekend. Had a great time with friends on Thursday night at Jacks. Maybe a little too much fun, as it was a tough morning at work on Friday. I had a half day, which means I leave at 10 AM, but every manager in the place wanted something done before I leave. They do this to me all the time, so this time, I excused myself to go to the bathroom, and proceeded to walk out the back door. Wonder how many stalls they searched before they realized I bailed. The cell phone listed quite a few missed calls. Yes, I will pay for that stunt, but I'm offsite in training all next week, so maybe the anger will fade. I was to the point of breaking yesterday, but the sane voice inside me said it wasn't worth it. "Dude, just walk away". So I did. Then I heard, "Dude, grab a beer!", but I had to be Captain, responsible for 12 nerds, so I watched over the party, and had a cold one when we were tied off for the day. All in all, it was a good day, even with spending the first four hours with asshole managers.



No comments:

Post a Comment