Friday, May 8, 2009

Good Friend

Got a text from a good friend yesterday, saying he wanted to buy me a beer on my birthday. Buy me a beer? I'm there dude. It was a brief, but good reunion, as we haven't seen each other in a long time. We caught up over a few pints, and then Charlie was off to band practice. Charlie will be 80 years old and still rockin on his Fender Strat. It is kind of cool that he can still get up on stage and do that. His life is still filled with drama, mostly women related, but he hasn't changed at all since 1977. Well, maybe a little around the middle :) We don't see each other much, but it's always a good time when we do. Well, it's time to wrap up my layoff week, with more boat work. The ball valve replacement is not going too well, as I swear they built the boat around the last two valves I have to replace. I can get a wrench around them, but there is not enough room to get any leverage. I do not want to take half the boat apart to get at them. One more try today, then Deb said she will take me out to dinner for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment