Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Flu Gone, Rain Stays

Finally, we are healthy! All Deb and I have is this nagging cough, though mine is just about gone. Thankfully it did not turn into pneumonia, or bronchitis. We had a party to go to with some of our old friends, but Deb was still running a fever, so she stayed on the boat. I however, was feeling fine, and decided to go. It was not a warm reception. Everyone looked like I had just walked in with the black death. I think they expected me to point a bony finger at them and call them to the dark side. I guess I can't blame them, but I was not contagious at that point. The coughing kind of freaked them out, but I coughed the proper way, as pointed out in this video. LOL What's with the rain? Geez, this has been a crappy summer so far at Lat.43 north. I am off all this week, but the rain is still on. We were too sick and tired to sail last weekend, so boat projects were on order. I got a few odd things done. Replaced the belt on the engine, which was throwing rubber dust everywhere. Nothing like burning rubber smell after running the engine, not to mention the smoke. My nav light in the bow has been replaced. The bulb was shot, and the lens was all clouded over. Done. The v-berth was partially cleaned out, and one more day should do it. Then I'll have to paint the headliner in the bow. I would re-bed some items on the deck, but the rain keeps ruining my plans. So far every layoff I've had, has been in bad weather. Oh well, at least the rain hits me before the ground. Wouldn't want it reversed. I found out over the weekend that my windlass has frozen up. I need to open it up and check it out, but it will have to wait for the rain to stop. I would have to pull up anchor by hand this coming weekend, and I'll do it if I have to. As long as I don't lose my berries in the process. I had two hernia operations for a reason. I just hope the patch is in there pretty good. We still have my daughters cat living with us. This is also screwing up my plans. Every day we've been trying to fly the cat to Oregon, but the weather keeps delaying flights, and she could never make the connection. So she sits here, rubbing her face and butt on me until she can make a flight. Chewy and I are on standby...all damn week. The cat just threw up. What the hell. What makes some people want to be doing something all the time? I was sitting here, reading some blogs, and catching up on the news, and I actually felt guilty, like I was neglecting chores, or something. Doing nothing should feel great! I guess reading is doing something, but I still feel like I should be cleaning, or fixing, or something other than relaxing. Did my parents program that into me? They would say no, as I am perceived as being the lazy dog in the family. I'm not really lazy, just not in a hurry. Guess that's why I sail :) Don't let the rain get you down. It's just water, and unless you're a cat, it shouldn't bother you.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that your beautiful daughter is coming to visit this weekend!

    Nic

    ReplyDelete