Monday, April 23, 2012

One last time?

Woke up this morning to snow. Damn. It's the heavy wet slush, that makes driving a pain in the ass. I was spared the pleasure of driving in this crap, as Van-tastic is in the shop for an inspection and some tires, and whatever else the mechanic can find, so wifey and I carpooled today. Deb is not a morning person, and I'm usually a chatterbox, so she's praying the van will be done today.




Supposedly we had gusts up to 50 mph, but I saw a peak of 34 at the marina. Hopefully Kelly Nicole is tied off properly. Deb feels I went a tad too far in strapping her to the dock, but there is always a springtime storm, like this one, that will bounce things around. One year we saw several boats get damaged from a spring storm with 60 mph winds. The dangers of getting in too early around here.

I mentioned to Deb on the ride in that this could be the last time she ever drives in snow, but she thought of that the previous storm. We might actually have this white junk falling from the sky tomorrow too!
The boat looks free of snow, because of the warm waters around her. The webcam is a blessing and a curse. I find myself checking the damn thing every hour. We are the rightmost mast.



Was this our last time driving in the snow? The last time we'll ever have it falling on our heads? Hmmm, could be.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. We saw on the weather last night that our old home town of Pittsburgh, PA was supposed to get 4" of the stuff. We lived there for years and I never remember getting snow after the middle of April. Weird stuff. We had 90° in March here in St. Louis and last night it was 36°. So much for global warming...

    Deb
    S/V Kintala
    www.theretirementproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, We have pretty much had our fill of this white stuff. After over 50 (yikes) yrs living in a winter wonderland, I can honestly say I will not miss this. Yes, it's beautiful at times, but mostly from the window of your room with the fireplace. I checked on the boat last night, and the freezing rain beating against my face and hands just makes me want to get the heck out of here as fast as I can. Yes, Pitt has some lovely weather as well.

    ReplyDelete