Thursday, December 22, 2016

The Little Germ Cottage

Since arriving in the States we have been feeling a bit ill and it's not all from watching the election. For some reason we seem to be allergic to the cold. As soon as the temps dropped we started sniffling and sneezing and coughing and it really has not stopped. To top it off we have been visiting with little germ pods called grandkids. There is nothing more deflating then welcoming your grandson home from daycare and he sticks his wet fingers in your mouth when you go to hug him. Thanks pal! My daughter just rolls her eyes. "Grandpa paranoid is going to get deathly ill now!"

Actually, despite being in daycare a few days a week little Mason has been pretty healthy and it's the grandparents that have been germ bags. Maybe it's this tiny cottage all closed up with the heat cranked up. Maybe we should open the windows and door to air it out. Maybe all those US germs we avoided for over a year have found us. I don't know but from what I have read there are other cruisers home for the holidays complaining of the same thing so I bet the germs we avoided have all found us.



This little cottage will be invaded Monday by my daughter Nicole and family. Yes, we will have four adults and one two year old crammed in here. Please let us all be healthy.

Fingers crossed it's a snot free Christmas.

Cheers!
PJB

Deb coughed herself to sleep last night. I moved to the other room. Neither one of us slept much. Tonight I am meeting up with old work pals. The bags under my eyes could hold a six pack. They're going to not want to retire after seeing me. Retirement is great! Seriously guys it is. Yawn. Sniff. Cough.

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa Paranoid! Bwahahahaha! I put my coffee down on that one. Gosh, toddlers are actually a festival for germs so I get it. I have no toddlers around, but I did look askance at the UPS guy, who appeared to be all of 16, as he delivered a package yesterday. He looked on death's door. I hated to touch the package. But I did run in and wash my hands, then I sprayed the package with cleaner and washed it down. I hope that helped. Cheers! Merry Christmas, you lucky man! And to Deb, too, and hope her positive thinking gets her out of the yuck sooner rather than later. At least she will be sick with a good attitude.

    ReplyDelete