Sunday, March 29, 2009

Uncovered, Exposed

She's been uncovered, unwrapped, exposed for all to see. No longer protected from the world around her, baring all for anyone to evaluate, to judge, to comment .... "Gee, Paul's got a lot of bird crap on her deck." He uncovered her just before a week full of rain. That tarp wasn't doing shit anyway. It had a hundred holes in it" We are officially into boating season, as the tarp and all the wood framing has been removed. Unfortunately, all that stuff was removed to my van, then to my garage. I didn't realize how much wood I used to construct that frame. I guess it will go into the basement, after I clean that. I forgot the camera, again. No pictures of my framework. Good thing I do not build houses for a living. I'd be out of business, or in jail. Never was good at woodworking. Actually I'm not good at most fabricating, though I could build a cool fort out of cardboard, tables, chairs and blankets when I was a kid. After all the covering was removed, Deb and I sat on the boat in the sun and had lunch. It's amazing how all the stress melted away, just sitting there. I think we know where we belong, we just have to figure out how to get there. Time to stop working those extra unpaid hours, that only get you more work. There are more important things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment