Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Island Time

Wednesday?

With the help of my cat friends, we are off the wall, and on our way to the island of Beaurivage. The engine, aside from the fact that it will not start without the priming pump, is running fine. We motored down the Bateau channel, dodging the cable ferries, and gawking at the huge mansions. I guess the channel was used by Bateau’s, which is a style of boat, used to haul supplies. Getting to the island anchorage was a bit unnerving, as we were in about nine feet of water, and had to avoid rocks and shoals to get to the ten feet to drop the anchor in. We got in fine, and are on the hook, but now the wind is picking up. The Frenchy in front of me just dropped his anchor, and all his chain right on top of it, and then sat down for some wine and cheese, I imagine. I really don’t want to play bumper boats tonight, so I’ll have to keep an eye on him.

One of the "cottages" along the Bateau channel

View of Alert from the Island

No comments:

Post a Comment