Thursday, December 6, 2012

Flying solo

This should have been posted weeks ago.
Just got back from another weekend in Florida with Deb. It was great to be together again. We walked the beach, talked over beers, and spent time catching up. I had a few boat chores to do, but Deb is doing a great job keeping things ship shape. The marina is pretty quiet, with the exception of forklifts moving small powerboats in and out of storage. There are a lot of people who take advantage of this ease of use, as the damn lift seems to run non-stop all day long. Our time together was way too short for two people who have been glued to each other since 1979.


 Those were some hairy times.

 The unfortunate part of these weekend fly-ins is the drain on your energy. I'm not good at air travel. In previous posts you have read that I have little tolerance for homeland security and the TSA. So the whole thing is stressful to me. This time through went pretty smooth. No lines, and the pat down was pretty comical, as my jeans would not stay up when the guy was feeling me up. We both had a good laugh over that. He said I didn't have an ass to hold them up. Maybe I should switch to skinny jeans :0

The weekend flew by, and before you know it Deb's watery eyes were left behind in Florida, and I am sitting here in thirty degrees and light snow in Rochester.  The bachelor pad is not all it's cracked up to be. The first few weeks alone I tried to live like I did when I was in my 20's. Yea, that didn't work out so well. If I keep living life that way, I'll be a fat little drunk when I get to Florida in January.
Funny thing about living like a slob, eventually you have to clean it all up. Best to stay on top of it.
 The only bright spot in this lonely life is the kids keep tabs on me quite frequently. Kelly and Eric are over at least once a week, or we head out on the town for a few laughs. We always have a good time. They are a lot of fun to be around. Eric is an excellent cook, and I get invited over from time to time. I also keep them well fed, and have been a little crazy with making soup lately. It must be some form of therapy for living alone. Soup for the soul?

Cheers from Roc City.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment